A short game about overcoming self-doubt.
Set on a lifeless floating island covered in strange rock formations, you navigate an obscure protagonist struggling to break free.
Relevating is my first 3D game. What was supposed to be nothing more than a little distraction from my current PICO-8 project, turned into my first bigger game. I’ve worked on it for almost a year, spending many nights and the little one’s nap times going through many many iterations of the game’s design, mechanics, look. I learned a lot along the way, and in some ways the game is about my own struggles with the creative process and my own self-doubt. I hope you enjoy the game and get something out of it.
It was important to me to include a range of basic accessibility options, which I think should become standard even in small games. Please find an overview of these options below.
Non-violent, 3D platforming & climbing, light puzzling. Surreal, atmospheric black & white aesthetic with original dark ambient soundtrack. Gamepad highly recommended.
About 30 minutes.
Relevating features a dark ambient soundtrack created by Philippe Rau, available on Bandcamp: https://relevating.bandcamp.com/album/relevating
- High contrast mode for increased readability of UI prompts
- Difficulty adjustments (e.g. increased air control, increased jump distance)
- Toggleable flashing lights (photosensitivity)
- Remappable controls
- Infinite time window for „Wiggle key / button” events
- Gamepad support (native Xbox, PlayStation, Switch Pro, most others should work too)
- Game & UI fully controllable via all supported input devices