Told in three chapters, Something in the Dark is the tale of Private Investigator Francis Hale and detective Richard Hale Brothers who all through their lives have been there for each other.
The search for a serial killer has recently driven them apart both dogging a man who seems to be a ghost and kills in gruesome horrific ways, his M.O mutilate the body remove limbs and set the whole thing on fire often in groups.
PI Francis Hale has been hot on the tail of a missing women Shannon Kelly, with the Manchester Mangler loose on the streets he has little time and hope.
After many bad leads and tips he gets a letter addressed to him in his full name the letter reads “Drown Him In Their Blood” finding a return address.
Francis goes on the hunt once more. Finding a derelict house his destination he sets out to explore. With only his flashlight he must navigate the woods and house and survive.
Are you going to see something in the dark?
Chapter 2 & 3 are still in early development stage, we’ll give you more details soon!
Physical horror Elements
- Fear – Your fear varies depending on the brightness, situation or other influencing factors
- Time – resolve puzzle & quests in a specific time
- Avoid Traps
- Hide behind/in objects (under beds, placards, lockers…) to run away & don’t get seen by the Manchester Mangler – if he sees you, you die.
- Musical Puzzle
- Objects Puzzle
- Discover hidden notes
- Decor Puzzle
- Light puzzle
Searching & Learning Elements
- Find keys to open doors
- Read the notes and ramblings of the serial killer to find your way to the basement & learn more about the story.
- Quest Object Crafting
- Use collected objects several times
- Night vision camera
- UV Lamp
- Thermal detection to find people, objects, PIN code fingerprint detection…
NexGen Dev a écrit :
We started Something in the Dark a few months ago and are so excited to bring it to you. It was one of the first games we made a prototype of and had a lot of fun with it back then. Since then we have revisited the project and taken it from a pre-alpha demo of just mechanics to a full fledged murder mystery told through game play! Think of Something I The Dark as a novel but your living it through VR, or on Xbox one/PC.