Retro Sythesis is a single-player first-person narrative game set in a dystopian, cyberpunk world.
Retro Synthesis takes place during one day. After suffering a tragedy, Harrison Noels, an experienced police detective, is forced to get over his hardships and take another case, just like everybody else. The investigation leads him to the worst corners of New Venice – a future, dystopian metropolis. Its shady sectors, dubious nightclubs and abandoned warehouses are the witnesses of brutal conflict in the society. The question of humanity is still at stake.
At the beginning of the twentieth century, the world suffered drastic climate changes. Living on lands wasn’t safe anymore, people decided to take their chance to survive on giant city-platforms built above the oceans. Retro Synthesis takes place in an alternate 1999 in one of such cities. New Venice is an oceanic metropolis known for great culture, high tech, but also for its regime and expansive system.
Prosperity comes with a price, society is ruled by tough hand. New Venice is divided by sectors, newer area for wealthy citizens and sectors near water surface are for the poor where crime and brutality rule on the streets.
- Deep and mature story: During the investigation, main character will learn more about himself and will reveal his past. The case is also more complex than anyone thought.
- Recognizable art style: Our game reminds 80s cyberpunk classic manga and american comics. You can find many inspiration in Retro Synthesis’ art style, but you need to admire it is still unique.
- Mood based dialogue system: Dialogue system, where player choose his attitude towards disputant instead of text lines.
- Retro-future, dystopian lore: Explore different places to discover New Venice’s secrets, feel its atmosphere, talk to other citizens. Not only you will affect the world, but the world will affect you as well.
- Immersive puzzles – Puzzles that are part of the story and bring players best game experience.